How can the infrared sauna benefit you?
- Sweating is a wonderful way to get rid of stored chemicals, including heavy metals.
- Those using an infra-red sauna were found to be eliminating only 80-85% water, while the remaining 15-20% was mostly composed of undesirable elements such as sodium, fat soluble toxins, sulfuric acid, uric acid, toxic heavy metals, ammonia, and cholesterol.
* Boost your detoxification even more by taking Glutathione. Glutathione aids in detoxifying your liver.
- Increased metabolism: Our bodies expend energy to produce sweat (1g of sweat is 0.586 kcal) meaning your body can safely burn up to 300 calories in a 30 minute session!
- Boosts your basal metabolic rate, so even after you are out of the sauna, you are still burning calories!
- Studies have shown increased cardiac function and increased vascular dilation.
- Heat activates complex neurological, vascular, and metabolic mechanisms to mediate the transmission of pain signals and effectively provide relief for a variety of pain conditions. The very pathways we are trying to effect with chiropractic!!
- The deep heat helps blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen rich blood to oxygen depleted muscles, so they recover faster.
- Of particular importance in our office: BACK PAIN! The spasm created by the decreased function and joint mobility in your spine creates this cycle of pain. The sauna may help to ease the spasm, increase endorphins and help restore normal function of the spine. Try it out before your adjustment!
Stress Relief and Relaxation:
- In our office, we are always talking about the way stress affects our bodies. Relaxing in the sauna has been shown to promote a rebalancing of the body’s hormones through its effect on the autonomic nervous system, reducing the negative physical impact of stress on the body.
- As a reminder: stress has been linked to cardiovascular diseases, obesity, migraines, tension headaches, insomnia, anxiety, arthritis, diabetes, ulcers, asthma, the list goes on!
- The warmth created in the sauna creates an artificial fever. This is good for your body in the way that it stimulates your body’s immune system to turn on and produce more defense cells.
- Also, again the importance of detoxification is important: the pores are opened to the core allowing the toxins to be flushed out when you sweat.
- The deep acting infrared heat increases blood circulation to your skin’s surface. Many users of the sauna have noticed improvement in skin texture, tone and complexion.
- The sauna has been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis and burns
- Skin impurities are a sign of your body trying to rid itself of toxins, therefore the sauna further aides this process.
- Cellulite is broken down through the release of fat and toxins from the skin.
Call today to book your appointment!