Here at Baseline Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, in junction with Manual Manipulation Chiropractic Adjustments we also offer: Radial Shockwave Therapy, Graston Technique, and Active Release Technique.
We’ve got your back!
As spine, muscle, and nervous system experts, chiropractors provide qualified, effective treatment to promote health, alleviate pain, and improve your quality of life.
Chiropractors focus on your spine, muscle, and nervous system and treat the bones, muscles, soft tissues, and joints that you use every day. The spine, muscle, and nervous system supports your weight, keeps your body stable, protects your organs, and keeps you moving. It also connects directly to other vital systems in your body, which is why medical professionals, researchers, and the wider health community trust the spine care expertise of chiropractors to assess, diagnose, and treat conditions and injuries related to the spine, muscle, and nervous system.
Chiropractic treatments normally consist of manual therapy, including joint manipulation, mobilizations and soft tissue therapy.
A manipulation (commonly known as an adjustment) is a quick, small thrust to the spine or other parts of the body intended to provide immediate pain relief and mobility. Mobilizations are slower, more passive movements or stretches that help relieve stiff joints. And soft tissue therapy refers to a variety of different techniques focused on alleviating discomfort without causing movement.
– Excerpt taken from the Canadian Chiropractic Association website
Graston Technique® is an innovative, patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity
Active Release Techniques or “ART” is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently.
These conditions all have one important thing in common: they are often a result of overused muscles.
The Graston Technique® (GT) Instruments have been clinically proven to achieve quicker and better outcomes in treating both acute and chronic conditions, including:
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
Lumbar sprain/strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinosis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinosis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Trigger Finger
- Shin Splints
Dr. Fleck, Dr. Pedden and Dr. Baxter are all certified Graston providers.
– Information taken from Graston Technique website
Dr. Kirsten Baxter is a certified ART provider
– Excerpt taken from the Active Release Techniques website