Here at Baseline Chiropractic and Wellness Centre Acupuncture is offered injunction with Chiropractic, and Massage Therapy.
Acupuncture is good for pain and for many other ailments. Here is an excerpt taken from the College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta.
The list of diseases and conditions for which Acupuncture would be an appropriate treatment is extensive. Acupuncture is a complete medical system in itself, and is also an excellent compliment to almost any other treatment, including Western pharmaceuticals & surgery, herbal therapies, massage or Chiropractic.
Acupuncture is not a cure all, nor an aggressive intervention. It cannot, by itself, cure cancer, for example. It does not cure Autoimmune diseases such as Diabetes or Addison’s Disease, or Lupus. If you break a leg, or are in a car accident, we would recommend you go to the local Emergency Room first, but come for Acupuncture treatments afterward for pain and to speed healing.
Acupuncture is, on the other hand, extremely effective, drug free, non-surgical treatment for the serious side effects of Cancer treatments and hormone replacement therapies for Autoimmune Diseases, post-operative pain, PMS and Menopause symptoms.. It should be noted that Acupuncture is not only good if you are sick or damaged. Even if you are not so sick, Acupuncture is good for balancing the body’s systems and promoting general resiliency. It is particularly effective at treating emotional disorders such as Phobias, Grief and Anger.
See the list below for general guidelines, or visit our Links page for other resources.
The World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health endorse acupuncture as being effective treatments for numerous conditions, some of which are listed below:
- Stress, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia
- Musculoskeletal and Neurologic
- Headaches, Migraines, Facial Paralysis, Stroke, Neck, Shoulders, Lower Back Stiffness and Pain, Sciatica, Knee Pain, Ankle Pain, MVA.Injuries, Sport Injuries, Muscle Pain, Arthritic, Osteoarthritis, Inflammation, Frozen Shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis, Sprains , Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Allergies, Dizziness, Low Energy, Chronic Fatigue, Cold Limps, Asthma, Diabetes, Indigestion, Constipation, Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Stomachache
- Acne, Herpes (Shingles)
- Hay Fever, Sinusitis, Ringing in the Ears, Sore Throat
- Common Colds and Flu, Bronchitis
- PMS, Menstrual Irregular, Menstrual Cramps, Menopause Symptoms, Hot Flash, Low Sex Drive, Impotence, Infertility and Sexual Dysfunction
- Anti-Aging, Weight Control, Smoking Cessation, Addiction to Drugs or Alcohol